[geeks] Smart phone data usage

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Jul 6 15:31:28 CDT 2011

On 7/6/2011 3:52 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> How likely am I to even *approach* 2GB of data usage per month?  I
> really have no idea how much data usage mapping (likely to be
> infrequent) and navigation (likely even more infrequent) use up.

I use about 200MB or less each month.

I check a number of monitoring web pages daily, some with many MRTG etc.
graphs and have an email account for that phone to receive alerts on
(each message is under 1Kbyte and I get about 100 per month).

Provided you don't surf heavily and/or received graphics-heavy PDFs on
that email account, I would say you should do fine.

--Patrick