[geeks] Computer Chronicles

Nate nate at portents.com
Thu Jan 27 15:01:04 CST 2011

On Jan 27, 2011, at 2:12 PM, Shannon wrote:

> I used to want this CP/M system at a local computer store. 10MB hard drive,
more than one CPU, MP/M I think, and a *COLOR* primary display.  Price tag was
$9000 or more.

If you haven't seen it, you might want to check out the Computer Chronicles
special on Gary Kildall, the creator of CP/M:

http://www.archive.org/details/GaryKild

Also of interest to people on this list would be two of the episodes on UNIX,
one in 1985, the other in 1989:

http://www.archive.org/details/UNIX1985

http://www.archive.org/details/unix_2

Also, Bill Joy took part in some of the Computer Bowl specials:

http://www.archive.org/details/episode_602

http://www.archive.org/details/episode_603

http://www.archive.org/details/Computer_9

http://www.archive.org/details/CC-ComputerBowl1994_2-Episode1152