[geeks] Audio Recording

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jan 25 21:49:54 CST 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:35:06PM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
>I have a pair of ultimate ears that i often use on my laptop.  A good
>quality of the headphones is their sensitivity, 10% volume on the
>laptop is about the loudest i have ever listened to music with them.
>Unfortunately, because of that sensitivity, i hear a lot of noise
>from the laptop as well.  It's fine for when i put the earbuds in to
>drown out the noise around me in the office, but for real listening,
>i get annoyed by the noise pretty quickly.

I was very surpised by a pair of "Everyman" headphones I bought from SKYPE.

They really are designed for talking on your computer (complete with a
condenser mic on a boom), but for general listening to music they are pretty
good.

They connect via USB, but the earphones have a plug that can be removed and
put into an MP3 player, etc.

The bass is almost as good as my Nakacmici (sp?) headphones. If the Nakamichi
are a 10 on bass these are a 5, and 99% of the others, IMHO, are a 1.

N.B. I can't wear closed heaphones nor earbuds. YMMV.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.