[geeks] Got the CurrentCost meter installed

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Jan 18 00:44:19 CST 2011

>> To be fair I believe this unit's senser just 'clips on' rather then
>> being inline
> Yep, two clamps that go around the mains feed from your meter to the
> breaker box.

I think that means they can't sense anything but current, thus making
it impossible for them to sense true power if your effective total load
is not resistive (no power factor correction) and definitely not
capable of correcting for things whose draw is not sinewave - such as
switching power supplies, to pick a totally random example. :)

Of course, if it also has voltage-measurement connections, which I
didn't see mentioned but which may well be present, this doesn't apply.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org