[geeks] Got the CurrentCost meter installed

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jan 17 00:54:50 CST 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 07:47:20PM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> For when I just "gotta know" the power usage, I have a real (analog)
> power meter that I can wire in-line with circuit temporarily.  That was
> handy to figure out how my Altix 4700 was going to affect my power bill
> for the month.  I'd like to spend some time and set up a real monitoring
> solution, preferably with SNMP access. :)

I have a Belkin unit similar to a Kill-a-Watt that has a unit that goes
between the 120V plug and the outlet, and then a long cable for the remote
display.  I like it lots better than the kill-a-watt.

You can see it on the right here:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4131/5196000899_979a61d483.jpg

Bill

--