[geeks] SCSI-Ethernet on an 68040 Macintosh

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jan 16 02:51:36 CST 2011

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> I have a Dayana (spelling?) one that I use with an 800k floppy SE. Works
> fine.
>
> You are looking for one designed for the early Powerbooks.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind.  Thanks.

> Note that the IIe cards are difficult to use, and you need to get the correct
> external floppy drives and cables.

I already have all that.  Working Unidisk 5.25" drives were strangely easy
to find, but people seem to want real money for Unidisk 3.5" or Apple 3.5"
drives.

> IMHO you would be better off with an emulator but that would limit you to
> disk images instead of being able to read floppies.

Part of what I'm trying to do involves imaging old floppies and making
boot disks for some Apple II hardware I'm resurrecting, so I need actual
hardware.

--
Jonathan Patschke  |
Elgin, TX          |  Sent from your rooted trendy mobile device.