[geeks] wireless bridge recommendation

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jan 11 16:11:42 CST 2011

I need to install a wireless bridge.

Have two ethernets, one of which has access to the Internet via cable
modem. I can't connect them with a wire, so I'm looking for a wireless
bridge.

The distance is not very great and there is only a single sheet rock
wall between the main router and where the bridge would sit.

The router I'm using is a Netgear WPN824v3.

Bridges seem to be pretty overpriced, and also seem to get fairly
negative reviews unless they are even more expensive.

Recommendations and your own experiences appreciated.

Also, since a full router is a usually a lot cheaper than a bridge,
notes on which ones can function as a bridge or otherwise do the job
would be good too. Talking to store employees and even contacting the
manufacturers has so far been nothing but frustration.

Oh, and this is probably a given these days, but it needs to support WPA
and better security.