[geeks] Heads up: HP Microservers

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 10:20:16 CST 2011

Spent a happy day setting up SVN repos, configuring webmin and adding virtual
hosts to apache on the unit I have at work. The CPU performance is impressive
considering the small energy and form factor footprint. I only ever hear it
when the hard disk is really working hard.

When I get one at home I can goof about with a bit more I'm going to try some
more intetresting tests like how well the graphics chip handles a 3D desktop
in Ubuntu (its proportedly an on-chip Radeon 4200) and see how well the RAID
controller performs in a RAID 0 and RAID 1.

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog