[geeks] Droid 3 (Was: FS: iPhone 4)

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Dec 21 14:35:00 CST 2011

On 12/21/11 15:10, Jonathan Patschke wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>> Upside:  Turns out I kinda like the droid3, aside from my concerns about
>> the fragility of that big glass screen turning out to be well-founded.
>
> What's the battery life like?  The annoying (and never-to-be-fixed) bugs
> in my Nokia E75 have me contemplating a switch to a different mobile.  I
> rather do like not having to charge up more than a couple times a week,
> though.

Not bad, judging by comparison to other people's Android battery life
stories; however, I really don't use it as a mobile phone that much.  I
think I use it more for navigation than for phone calls.  (That pretty
much requires a Griffin USB car charger.)  I typically need to charge it
about every other day.  I've been meaning to pick up the
extended-capacity battery for it, but haven't gotten around to it.

Data point:  The inductive charging back will accommodate the extended
battery.  However, inductive charging, while convenient, seems on the
slow side.

Main point in favor of the Droid3:  By far the best physical keyboard I
have seen on any smartphone, bar none.

Recommendation:  GoGroove AudioActive bluetooth wireless headset.  MUCH
better quality on both ends of the call than the typical wired
mobile-phone headsets.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.