[geeks] FS: iPhone 4 (16G black CDMA)

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Tue Dec 20 19:33:23 CST 2011

On 12/20/11 17:30, Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 15:38:39 -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> The IRA certainly could have caused many more casualties amongst
> civilians if they had tried hard enough. But to say they went out of
> their way to avoid killing civilians is ridiculous and offensive - to
> go out of your way to avoid killing civilians you don't bomb shopping
> centres, tourist attractions, railway stations, and offices no matter
> how much warning you give.

OK, I concede I overstated the point.  And it's also the case that their
policies changed over time, and different groups used different tactics,
so I overgeneralized.  Plus, they treated England differently from Ireland.

To perhaps state it better:  The IRA could very easily have caused many
more civilian casualties in Britain than they did, had they so chosen.
(In Ireland, they appeared to consider pretty much anyone fair game, old
or young, civilian or not.)

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.