[geeks] iPhone 4 (16G black CDMA)

Ben Greisler ben at kadimac.com
Mon Dec 19 12:57:39 CST 2011

On Dec 19, 2011, at 1:48 PM, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> On 12/19/2011 12:29 PM, Mark Benson wrote:

>>> Correct me if I am wrong, but the amount of fuel is truly tiny due to
>>> efficiency.  You couldn't start a fire of any size - buying a vodka shot
>>> and burning it would burn longer.
>> Plus, has no-one told you about the explosive potential of a LiPo laptop
>> battery. They have more than most NATO hand grenades!
>>
> This conversation immediately led to the same thought.  It doesn't seem like
it would be very difficult to conceal some circuitry in a macbook pro that
would intentionally cause a thermal runaway condition with a LiPo battery, and
the macbook has a pretty sizable battery.

> Obligatory XKCD comic strip link:
> http://xkcd.com/651/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/22/mac_battery_hack/

Ben Greisler | Owner / Technical Lead |  Kadimac Corp
ofc: 215-821-1440 | email: ben at kadimac.com
Certified Member - Apple Consultants Network - ACSA | Xsan | ACT
Apple Professional Services Provider - Education and Enterprise