[geeks] FS: iPhone 4 (16G black CDMA)

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Dec 19 12:48:38 CST 2011

On 12/19/2011 12:29 PM, Mark Benson wrote:
> On 19 Dec 2011, at 17:15, Patrick Giagnocavo<patrick at zill.net>  wrote:
>
>> On 12/19/2011 11:57 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>> How would you ever get such a phone on an airplane?
>>>
>> Correct me if I am wrong, but the amount of fuel is truly tiny due to
>> efficiency.  You couldn't start a fire of any size - buying a vodka shot
>> and burning it would burn longer.
> Plus, has no-one told you about the explosive potential of a LiPo laptop
> battery. They have more than most NATO hand grenades!

This conversation immediately led to the same thought.  It doesn't seem
like it would be very difficult to conceal some circuitry in a macbook
pro that would intentionally cause a thermal runaway condition with a
LiPo battery, and the macbook has a pretty sizable battery.

Obligatory XKCD comic strip link:
http://xkcd.com/651/

     -Dan Sikorski