[geeks] FS: iPhone 4 (16G black CDMA)

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 10:06:27 CST 2011

On 19 Dec 2011, at 14:20, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net> wrote:

> The real issue here:  We have an energy density problem with current
> battery technologies and current power-hungry devices.

Yes, this is in part due to the habit of people having to have devices that
are mega thin. If they let manufacturers have 5mm more depth they'd almost
double the battery life, but no, we have to make phones so thin you can nearly
snap them in half by sneezing on them. Oh and with backs made of glass, but
that's another gripe altogether ;)

> One of the more interesting solutions to this problem that I have seen
> proposed is methanol-burning fuel cells.

Interesting idea but how practical is it in a device that gets the abuse most
phones get? How easy is it to replenish neatly and without leaks?

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog