[geeks] Nice Printer?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 11:19:25 CDT 2011

I'm curious what your anticipated repair costs would be for the LJ 5M+?
(assuming free labor ;^)

The older printers are solid, I like my LJ4000 series printers I got for under
$20 at surplus sales & my 5Si M/X (the big copier-sized laserjet) I got for
about $50 (IIRC), but I don't know that I would take money out of my pocket to
fix them...

At $WORK we have a lot of Dell printers, and we like them. I can't speak for
'photo-quality' color printing, but they are very good for 'business graphics'
in my opinion, and quite affordable, esp if you can get them on sale. Mac
support can be an issue, surmountable, but not straight-forward in all cases.

Lionel