[geeks] new keyboard goodness

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Tue Apr 19 00:30:52 CDT 2011

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:39:14 -0400, Shannon <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Before getting one though, I would consider a few negatives noticed in
> reviews:
>
> - glossy surfaces fingerprint like crazy
> - it does not have NKEY or 6KEY rollover
> - its got an odd design and physical format that may bother some
>
> Otherwise it got decent reviews. The manufacturer claims it does not need
> rollover because they arranged the key matrix so it can deliver multiple key
> presses.

Is Nkey rollover important though? Most of us connect keyboards via
USB don't we? And when playing games I've never personally felt at a
disadvantage using a USB connected keyboard, but then again I'm no
longer a big gamer.

Has anyone here been able to discern (or even been able to detect)
that the keyboard they're using supports NKEY rollover? Perhaps it is
just me and NKEY rollover is actually important!

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za