[geeks] new keyboard goodness

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 18 16:39:14 CDT 2011

On Apr 18, 2011, at 15:48 , <nate at portents.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 14:41:47 -0400, Shannon <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
>> This will fit the bill nicely until something else comes along.
>> Recommended if
>> you want a less noisy mechanical that you can actually buy in the US
>> without
>> delays or forum orders.
>
> Another choice I've read about recently is the Razer BlackWidow, which is
> a Cherry MX Blue keyboard that normally sells for $80, but until the 21st
> of this month is available for $60 in-store at Fry's Electronics (for those
> of you who live near one - the online price is still $80 unfortunately).

Before getting one though, I would consider a few negatives noticed in
reviews:

- glossy surfaces fingerprint like crazy
- it does not have NKEY or 6KEY rollover
- its got an odd design and physical format that may bother some

Otherwise it got decent reviews. The manufacturer claims it does not need
rollover because they arranged the key matrix so it can deliver multiple key
presses.

That's why I avoided it, but it may be a fine keyboard. Its just one that I'd
have to see first.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com