[geeks] bug out bags

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Sun Apr 17 12:08:44 CDT 2011

Those of you who are facebook friends of mine know that I spent last week
in the hosptial.

This led me to the topic of my email, bug out bags for things like hospital
stays. Luckily for me I was concious the entire time and able to make a
(at least it seemed at the time) rational decision to take only my HMO card
so that my wife could "check me in" at the hospital after I arrived by
ambulance and my cell phone.

Due to past experience with theft, I decided not to bring anything else
with me in the ambulance. After I was out of the emergency room and
safely in a ward (really a three person room), I wanted more.

Eventually I found out that I could ask the nurse at the desk to call the
guards and they would come and lock up my laptop for the night.

The first few nights however were things that I wanted but had little value,
such as the charger for my cell phone, or an original Kindle I had been given
when the owner upgraded to a Kindle 3.

The Kindle was also chosen because I could hide it.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.