[geeks] clicky keyboards with volume keys...

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Tue Apr 5 14:35:18 CDT 2011

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 08:03:50 -0400, hike wrote:
> I have both the Type 6 and the Type 7.  I prefer the Type 7 and the
> newer mouse.  I wish I could trade my Type 6 keyboard and mouse for a
> Type 7. _______________________________________________

I like the layout of a Sun type7 keyboard - particularly the UNIX
country kit layout, but the type 7 (and type 6) is a _long_ way from
either cherry, or alps mechanical keyswitches. Once you've switched,
you won't be going back!

As to the original question, once you've eliminated the Matias, the
Modular Mac keyboard is probably your only bet. Most mechanical
keyboards I've seen around tend to access things like volume control
through an extra layer on the function keys.

Personally I'd rather compromise on the keyboard volume control than
on the keyboard quality, but I've a nice volume control on the speaker.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 A petty thief is put in jail. A great brigand becomes a ruler of a