[geeks] Verizon's Int'l Call Blocking - doesn't

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Oct 29 15:42:09 CDT 2010

" From: "Jonathan J. M. Katz" <jon at jonworld.com>
"
" On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
" > How is it, that a Verizon-provided line, using Verizon's LD service, did
" > not actually block an international outgoing call?  Is there some
" > "trick" that I am not aware of that allows such calls to be made?
" >
" > I know there are some phone geeks here on the list ...
"
" Either you have a calling card that was used, they never actually
" enabled the blocking you requested, or someone used a 1010XXX number
" (what used to be a 10XXX number) to make the LD call.

if a calling card or a 1010 number was used, they should've been
billed, not you.  if verizon never actually implemented the service
you requested - and presumably paid for - they should be liable for
the charge on a call which they shouldn't have let through.