[geeks] Dune novels

rjtoegel at verizon.net rjtoegel at verizon.net
Sat May 29 23:05:00 CDT 2010

   A student loaned me a tape of the "miniseries" (which I thought was HBO
   not SciFi channel but I could be wrong).  It made no sense to me
   because skipped certain things in the book that explained some sequence
   of events.  The Lynch movie was actually filmed for a while then
   stopped for several years (the original prop designer blew the whole
   budget on a full sized sandcrawler is my understanding) then restarted
   so it looks a little disjointed.  Ah...my kingdom for a weirding
   module.
   Bob
   May 29, 2010 11:56:11 PM, geeks at sunhelp.org wrote:

     On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 11:49:23PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
     >Which, the fairly decent SciFi miniseries or the godawful Keith
     Lynch movie?
     the DAVID Lynch movie. Never even knew about the miniseries.
     Geoff.
     Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm at mendelson.com
     N3OWJ/4X1GM
     New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing
     knowledge or
     understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the
     situation.
     i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the
     Wikipedia.