[geeks] Good quality ATX case with side access HDD bays?

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu May 27 12:49:11 CDT 2010

Just to follow up on this, I ended up with this:

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6638

Really nice case, the inclided fans are very quiet, I added an extra Scythe
S-Flex 800RPM 120mm to the door to blow cold air on the graphics card area. I
also installed a Zalman 6-fan control panel in block alloy in one of the 5.25"
bays which allows me to control all the chassis fans independently to get the
airflow balance right.

Very happy with it overall. I discovered while I was doing it that my PSU had
an earth leakage fault (threw the RCD trip when I plugged it in but still
worked okay :\ ) so I need a new one. I'm currently loaning a very nice Antec
430W 80Plus unit off my dad who had it going 'spare' (lord knows how he
managed that!).

I intend on upgrading to a newer motherboard with 2 PCI-e x16 slots and
Crossfire support, and a i5 or i7 CPU. Any recommendations on a PSU? I was
looking at around 600W according to what I got from most PSU company
calculators + a bit of safety margin.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: