[geeks] Good quality ATX case with side access HDD bays?

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon May 24 08:33:55 CDT 2010

I may have asked this a while ago, but my delving in the worlds of Sun, SGI
and Apple have kinda spoilt me. I want a new PC case for a new gaming rig I'm
building a little at a time starting with my current rig and adding a few bits
every month.

My 2 major feature needs are quietness (not at the cost of good airflow) and
side or front access HDD bays that mena I don't have to fit the hard drives by
sliding them in 'old style'. I basically want something like the W2100z or U60
style drive trays but in a smaller (mid tower ATX) case. Why? Because I'm a
geek and like swapping hard drives around from time to time...

Overall the case must be good quality (well as good as PC cases get), cost no
more than 100GBP and be readily available in the UK.

Only one I found so far that fits the bill is:

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MTcyOQ==

It ticks all the boxes, basically, but I just wondered if any discerning folks
who've built a custom PC had any other suggestions.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>