[geeks] DVI KVM & NOT Windows 7 USB issue

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue May 4 15:07:33 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Geoffrey Reed <geoffr at zipcon.net> wrote:
> I know that on a Belkin KVM you have to disable powersaving on the USB ports
> or the KVMs (particularly omnipro3) enter a zonbie state that requires
> power-cycling to recover from.

Thanks for mentioning this.  I'm guessing this is the problem with my
IO Gear 2-port USB KVM, since the keyboard/mouse only goes bye-bye
when they are flipped to the mouse and left idle for two long.

Will have to check OS X's power settings to see if I can work around
it.  My current work around is to leave them flipped over to the
Solaris 10 box, since that was much easier than unplugging/replugging
both cables on both computers.

=Nadine=