[geeks] Annual Whois POC Validation: GSM18-ARIN

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Sun Jul 18 01:58:05 CDT 2010

I just received the following email:

>Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 02:00:45 -0400 (EDT)
>From: American Registry for Internet Numbers <do-not-reply at arin.net>
>To: gsm at mendelson.com
>Subject: Annual Whois POC Validation: xxxxxxx
>

>Hello,
>
>This message is being sent in accordance with ARIN Policy 3.6.1, "Annual Whois POC Validation". This policy requires POCs to validate their Whois contact information annually.
>
>The following is your current POC Whois registration record. To validate, please take one of the three actions listed below. If no action is taken within 60 days, your POC record will be marked invalid in ARIN's Whois.

The problem with this is up until now I have had to do nothing to keep
my IP block. Now, since my address changed since 1991, I have to go to
their web page and change it.

In order to change it, I have to create a userid, which requires me to agree
to their terms and conditions and which give them total control and pay them
$100 a year until 2013 when they can set any price they want. :-)

If anyone hears of a class action or other lawsuit (after all, America is
the land of the lawsuit) to block this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Geoff.

To help restaurants, as part of the "stimulus package", everyone must order
dessert. As part of the socialized health plan, you are forbidden to eat it. :-)