[geeks] iPad - a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jan 29 02:33:03 CST 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Mark Benson wrote:

> [1] as yet not totally confirmed but:
> http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2010/1/27/apple-a4-soc-unveiled---its-an
> -arm-cpu-and-the-gpu!.aspx
> via: http://www.osnews.com/story/22805/Apple_s_A4_ARM_CPU_GPU

Sure is nice to see all these bloggers talking about what a piece of
silicon is/isn't that they haven't seen a datasheet for, let alone gotten
their hands on and hacked at.

"Not a CPU at all".  Pfft.  My Mac Pro doesn't have CPUs either because
the Xeons have memory controllers built-in.

"Nor did...Apple had(sic) anything to do with the creation of the CPU
component."  Right, because you can just drag-and-drop an ARM core into
Microsoft Visio for Semiconductor Layout and there you go!

They're like a bunch of 8 year olds talking about sex.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Science is what we understand well enough to explain
Elgin, TX         (   to a computer.  Art is everything else we do."