[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 14:23:16 CST 2010

On Jan 20, 2010, at 2:59 PM, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> However, I would rather see general
> liberal arts requirements be sufficiently covered in high school
> rather
> than see people wasting their time on liberal arts college programs.

Wasting?!

You my friend are a philistine!

Go study at a technical institute (I went to Stevens in Hoboken -
briefly!), they 'dismiss' non-technical classes like you do. I think
the English department head was part-time, non-tenured.

When I got my BA, I had to have a conversation for 60 minutes with a
college professor on ONE topic (choosen by me, related to my major)
before I could graduate. I thought that was a fine way to test
potential graduates, it was pass/fail, no grade.

Lionel