[geeks] Q: Regarding Linux in K-12 education

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Mon Jan 18 17:38:36 CST 2010

From: adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)

> " From: wa2egp at att.net
> "
> " []
> " > Lionel
> "
> " Your district is not the only district who thinks that technology
> " will improve education.  We are getting flooded with Smart Boards
> " and demands that we write grants for technology items. And many
> " of us have to buy paper for classroom use since there is "no money"
> " for supplies.  But we can spend $7 mil for consultants.
>
> this is politics as usual.  machiavelli was dead on.
>
> imho every human organization tends to bureaucratize and politicize,
> and the larger and older it is the stronger the forces.  few resist,
> especially if they're 'untouchable' like public education.

You're preaching to the choir my friend. :-)  My district is old and
well established.  Of course Jersey City is sometimes known as the armpit
of New Jersey and Hudson County politics is legendary.  My wife even had
to obtain her birth certificate from Trenton since the feds took all of
them out of Jersey City since someone was "giving" them away, some could
have been given to "terrorists" so they would look like legitimate
born-in-the-USA citizens.   Life is fun in the big city....

Bob