[geeks] Q: Regarding Linux in K-12 education

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Jan 18 13:40:32 CST 2010

" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>
"
" []
"
" On a related note, I recently met a recent college graduate that was
" applying for substitute work in our district, he had student loans
" that he had to start paying towards and he wasn't able to find a
" better job than substituting - it seems he invested four years of his
" life and borrowed $160,000 to get an undergraduate degree in Theater
" Arts. When I heard that my first reaction was "Doesn't he have any
" parents?!"

i have a running battle with my gf/so about this.  when i suggest it
isn't [financially] smart to major in art history, she seems to think
i'm trying to trash liberal education.  i'm all for rounded education
[eg. art history as a minor], but where's the sense in majoring in a
field where the job opps are very limited, pay is low, and/or
competition is fierce?