[geeks] Linux tape backup help

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 08:50:09 CST 2010

On 15 Jan 2010, at 13:58, "Dr. Robert Pasken 300a"
<rpasken at eas.slu.edu> wrote:

> Bacula is NOT a solution to much of anything. My brother works with
> Bacula and he fights with it daily. It is overly complex to the
> level of bloatware. IF and ONLY IF you are working with a large
> company with 10's of thousands of unix work stations, multiple maxed
> M9000 servers and multiple SL3000's tape libraries bacula  would
> provide a FOSS alternative to pay software, but even then I would
> think 30 times before trying bacula

I looked at it this morning and have to say it looks like overkill for
what I need and at first glance doesn't seem to solve my issue.

I think I'll give it a whirl using shell scripts and see how much
trouble that gets me into ;)

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog