[geeks] Linux tape backup help

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu Jan 14 23:19:42 CST 2010

Mark Benson wrote:
> I looked at Amanda briefly but it looks complicated and I'm one of those
> people who prefers to roll his own, if this all gets over my head I might fall
> back on it as an idea however though, thanks for the heads-up!

I even tried to set it up once.  It was ... deranged in bizarre ways.
Amanda might be a good backup system in a situation where you don't care
what gets backed up to what when, just so long as everything gets backed
up with some kind of regularity.  But it's not for anyone who wants
control over what gets backed up when and where.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.