[geeks] Linux tape backup help

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 19:24:45 CST 2010

On 15 Jan 2010, at 01:08, Dr Robert Pasken wrote:

> Consider looking at Amanda. It may be overkill for what you are interested
in, but it does understand multiple machines, staging to disk and many
different kinds of tapedrives/changers. I have it running at home under
OpenSolaris and use it to backup two machines to two different drives based on
how large the backup is. DLT8000 for the small backups (across a weekend for
instance) and an LTO-1 for the larger backups

I looked at Amanda briefly but it looks complicated and I'm one of those
people who prefers to roll his own, if this all gets over my head I might fall
back on it as an idea however though, thanks for the heads-up!

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>