[geeks] iPad - NOT a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 11:11:00 CST 2010

On 3 Feb 2010, at 16:49, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What would an iPad add to a Mac Book for a musician?

A directly reactive multitouch input device that responds visably to
interaction is something I know a lot of musicians would appreciate as
it's easier and more intuitive to interact with by far than an
indirect trackpad (or mouse) to pointer to screen system. That sort of
thing matters when you want to tap something in time or fade something
in real time, for example, than a mouse would. That's my take on it at
least.

Even using the iPad on it's own for that would be really nice with the
right UI. I have a few music apps on my iPhone and they are
surprisingly usable even on a little screen. Bigger, better versions
for 15 dollars would really get traction with music enthusiasts IMHO.

I seriously expect a iPad version of Garageband. If not from Apple
then a close equivalent from a thrid party.

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog
http://twitter.com/MDBenson