[geeks] Solaris 10 puzzle

Dan Duncan danduncan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 21:45:05 CST 2010

Does h1z1 report h1:/foo because /etc/hosts lists loopback as h1?

Dan Duncan.  Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.

On Dec 1, 2010 3:43 PM, "Phil Stracchino" <alaric at metrocast.net> wrote:

On 12/01/10 17:27, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> that does rather sound like loopback mounting should be o...
Both df and mount report h1:/foo.

> could it have to do with ownership of the nfs client process? or some
> security setting?

> i...
Nope.  This is its only NFS export, and it's exported only to these two
zones.  The client has a couple of designated storage servers that they
make most of their NFS mounts from.

I think I'm going to ask if there's a reason why we can't put the share
on one of those storage servers instead.

--
Phil Stracchino, CDK#2 DoD#299792458 ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
alaric at caerllewys.net ...