[geeks] Solaris 10 puzzle

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Dec 1 17:38:18 CST 2010

" From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
"
" On 12/01/10 17:27, Sandwich Maker wrote:
" > that does rather sound like loopback mounting should be out.  does df
" > show /bar as coming from h1:/foo or localhost:/foo?
"
" Both df and mount report h1:/foo.

smells like genuine nfs then

" > could it have to do with ownership of the nfs client process?  or some
" > security setting?
"
"
"
" > is h1 self-mounting other zones via nfs?
"
" Nope.  This is its only NFS export, and it's exported only to these two
" zones.

any point in seeing if other self-mounts are also squashed?  like say
h1:/var/tmp to h1:/baz, or h2:/var/tmp to h2:/baz

might help to shed light on the nfs ecosystem.

" The client has a couple of designated storage servers that they
" make most of their NFS mounts from.
"
" I think I'm going to ask if there's a reason why we can't put the share
" on one of those storage servers instead.

this does have better symmetry.  it also unties h2 from h1's status.