[geeks] Solaris 10 puzzle

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Dec 1 16:27:40 CST 2010

" From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
"
" On 12/01/10 13:51, Sandwich Maker wrote:
" > " From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
" > " Right, but if it's not going through the NFS mechanism *at all* as in a
" > " loopback mount, then why is it getting squashed to nobody...?
" >
" > yeah, that makes no sense.
" >
" > []
" >
" > i've forgotten - are you also automounting, or
" > direct fstab nfs-mounting?  what if you manually force an nfs mount?
"
" This is being mounted from fstab, manually so far since the machines are
" in production and cannot be casually rebooted.  Everything looks normal,
" the share just ...  mounts with the wrong ownership on that one zone.
" It's bizarre.  I think it must have something to do with the host and
" client being on the same physical machine, but I'm damned if I can
" figure out what.

that does rather sound like loopback mounting should be out.  does df
show /bar as coming from h1:/foo or localhost:/foo?

could it have to do with ownership of the nfs client process?  or some
security setting?

is h1 self-mounting other zones via nfs?