[geeks] anyone know about this? 72-core, 48GB computer?

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Tue Oct 13 13:41:44 CDT 2009

On Friday 02 October 2009, velociraptor wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 3:29 PM, velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I know someone who was working on the software builds for that
> > system & company (who's looking for a job, btw), I could ping him
> > for info if you decided you're more interested and you don't find
> > out what you need.
>
> The dev I know who worked at SiCortex said he and his fellow devs
>  have been discussing putting out the release that was about to go
>  out the door when the company folded.  No formal decision at this
>  point, though.

That would be nice.  It's basically all OSS (with the exception of the
Pathscale compiler, and maybe one or two other things that I'm not sure
about), so they should be able to release the 3.0 OS without a lot of
legal hurdles.  Personally, I'd love to see the thing running Debian,
but it'd be a lot of development effort to recreate the node booting
system that they have in place.

Also, if anyone ends up getting one of these off eBay, I can provide
some help.  I help run the 3rd SC5832 that SiCortex sold, for Purdue,
and may have just acquired a SC072-PDS to play with at home...

Pat