[geeks] FS: EVGA 8800 Ultra 768MB RAM $115 shipped

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 09:25:00 CDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
wrote:
> Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> On Oct 10, 2009, at 11:02 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
>> wrote:
>>> I'd love to snag it for vorlon, but don't have $115 that I can spend
>>> right now.  The state of New Hampshire currently owes us over $4000 in
>>> unpaid unemployment benefits (and it's not just us, I gather it's a
>>> widespread problem).
>>>
>>> They've PROMISED us we'll have a check Tuesday.  I'm not holding my
>>> breath.  They're nine weeks behind right now.
>>
>> WOW - I've not heard about that in NH, odd how that isn't in the news
>> outside NH...
>

> Supposedly it's a problem switching over to a new system that does
> direct deposit instead of mailing checks.  From the people I've talked
> to about it, there's a lot of people affected.  The manager of the local
> NHES office said that the underlying problem is the left hand thought
> the right hand had done something about it, and the right hand thought
> the left hand had done something, and neither one thought to check with
> the other.

Well, this is Government ;^)

After the excitement in CA over the mailing of IOUs for tax refunds, I
would have assumed that NH unemployment issues would have gotten more
traction from the mainstream media...

Based on this article (from October, 2008) - the computer issues were
just about worked out back then, but then there was the "running out
of money" issue...

http://www.eagletribune.com/punewsnh/local_story_283203910.html

But again, this is from October, 2008...

--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com