[geeks] FS: EVGA 8800 Ultra 768MB RAM $115 shipped

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat Oct 10 22:33:34 CDT 2009

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> On Oct 10, 2009, at 11:02 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
> wrote:
>> I'd love to snag it for vorlon, but don't have $115 that I can spend
>> right now.  The state of New Hampshire currently owes us over $4000 in
>> unpaid unemployment benefits (and it's not just us, I gather it's a
>> widespread problem).
>>
>> They've PROMISED us we'll have a check Tuesday.  I'm not holding my
>> breath.  They're nine weeks behind right now.
>
> WOW - I've not heard about that in NH, odd how that isn't in the news
> outside NH...

Supposedly it's a problem switching over to a new system that does
direct deposit instead of mailing checks.  From the people I've talked
to about it, there's a lot of people affected.  The manager of the local
NHES office said that the underlying problem is the left hand thought
the right hand had done something about it, and the right hand thought
the left hand had done something, and neither one thought to check with
the other.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.