[geeks] anyone know about this? 72-core, 48GB computer?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 17:36:53 CDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 3:29 PM, velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know someone who was working on the software builds for that system
> & company (who's looking for a job, btw), I could ping him for info if
> you decided you're more interested and you don't find out what you
> need.

The dev I know who worked at SiCortex said he and his fellow devs have
been discussing putting out the release that was about to go out the
door when the company folded.  No formal decision at this point,
though.

It's custom MIPS chips, which is what kept the heat/power draw down.
Custom silicon is expensive though, so it's probably one of the
contributors to them folding.

The cluster runs Gentoo.  The service processor runs RHEL.

=Nadine=