[geeks] anyone know about this? 72-core, 48GB computer?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 17:29:42 CDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 03:48:20PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sicortex-SC072-PDS-48GB-RAM-250GB-HD-MIPS-72-Processors_W
0QQitemZ330363945693QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCOMP_EN_Servers?hash=item4ceb39c2dd&_t
rksid=p3286.c0.m14

> They run Linux.  They have MIPS processors custom made for it.  The
> company recently closed operations.
>
> I suspect that for the time being it would be easy to run the machine as
> they seemed to be a fairly open group.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sicortex-users

I know someone who was working on the software builds for that system
& company (who's looking for a job, btw), I could ping him for info if
you decided you're more interested and you don't find out what you
need.

=Nadine=