[geeks] Snow Leopard

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Nov 28 21:37:07 CST 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 05:42:31PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2009, at 2:09 PM, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:
>
>> wondering if I must hold out for getting a memory upgrade first.
>
> I'd suggest maxing the RAM, or at least upgrade it to 2 Gig before
> upgrading, I don't think 1 gig is a happy place for Snow Leopard...
> Won't the laptop be sharing a bit of RAM with the OS, further reducing
> available RAM?
>
> Memory upgrades should be pretty affordable for this laptop...

I think they are affordable.  However, I'm not sure how much this one
will actually take, if 2 gigs is the max, 3 gigs, or if it is safe to
put 4 gigs in and only expect to see 3.3 gigs.

Macsales.com says the max is 2 gigs.  Lowendmac says 3 gigs, and I think
that anything that took 3 gigs would take 4, but only allow the usage of
3.3 gigs.  Can anyone confirm this?  This is a 1.83 ghz MacBook from
2006.