[geeks] Regarding the $150 Intel server box...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 15:30:57 CST 2009

It seems the internal SATA ports are hanging off an Intel ICH7R (w/ BS
RAID) and the two external eSATA ports hang off a Sil3132 controller,
which supports hot-swap and port multipliers:

http://www.siliconimage.com/products/product.aspx?pid=32

The NIC is apparently an Intel Gigabit part, and the RAM is desktop
DDR2, so a 2 Gig DIMM will be very affordable...

I ordered one, should be fun to play with... I wonder if Windows
Storage Server 2008 R2 will run on it...

Lionel