[geeks] The new IPC/LX, from Dell?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sun Nov 15 10:29:07 CST 2009

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> It has discrete graphics available ($80 upgrade), and all configs have
> HDMI output.
>
> Agreed about base config at $229 being close to impulse buy range...
I've been thinking about one of these since they were released this
week.  I'm probably going to order one on Monday.  I wish that it had an
IR reciever on the front and a slot load or normal tray load optical
drive, I hate the laptop style pop-out tray.  Does anyone have any idea
what the sound card upgrade is?  It says "Soundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio
- Software Enabled".  If it's just some crap software that comes
preloaded, i don't want it.  If it enables 5.1 audio and a digital
output, that is useful.  Unfortunately, google searches and looking
around on creative labs' website is turning up nothing useful.

    -Dan Sikorski