[geeks] seeking an excellent tandoori chicken recipe

Sheldon T. Hall shel at artell.net
Tue May 26 14:39:22 CDT 2009

Quoth gsm at mendelson.com ...

http://www.amazon.com/Pataks-Tandoori-Paste-10oz/dp/B000JMDGYG?tag=dogpile-2
0

> You can get it an almost any Indian grocery, Asian food store, etc.
>
> Made in England where there really are health rules.

All the Pataks stuff is pretty good; even our Indian friends sometimes use
it.

Most sho-nuff Indian recipes involve grinding the spices (every Indian home
seems to have a dedicated spice grinder), then cooking the spices (sometimes
in oil, sometimes in a dry pan), and other involved techniques.  My wife,
who is quite adept in the kitchen (http://frenchletters.wordpress.com for
details), and not averse to involved culinary techniques, frequently uses
pre-fab Indian stuff.

A city with even a small Indian population will have an Indian grocery
store, and, in my experience, Indians are very willing to help you out if
you ask questions.

-Shel