[geeks] [rescue] Ignite

Steven Hill sjh at waroffice.net
Thu May 21 08:47:55 CDT 2009

On Thu, 21 May 2009, Robert Brooke Gravitt wrote:

> Hey - question. The following seems to indicate that one can use
> either an PA-RISC or an Itanium based HP-UX 11i or greater server to
> ignite _any_ client version 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, etc. on either
> Itanium or PA-RISC. Am I reading that right? Anyone with experience
> doing this ( ignite installs across platforms? ) Also, what is the
> chance of being able to ignite an HPUX box from another platform
> ( Solaris or RHEL?)

We use Ignite on PA-RISC to Ignite both PA-RISC and Itanium boxes. It's
fine. Things only get interesting if you're trying to Ignite old 10.20
boxes.

Never tried to make Solaris or Deadrat work, Our jumpstart and kickstart
infrastructures are separate from Ignite...

S.

--
Steven Hill

Vox clamantis in deserto