[geeks] Spare netbook, anyone?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 07:45:19 CDT 2009

On May 18, 2009, at 8:06 PM, "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at artell.net> wrote:

> I'm looking for a netbook.  Specs aren't particularly important,
> since it's
> going to be running unattended most of the time.  Cheap (or trade
> for some
> of my surplus SGI/Sun gear) would be good.  I plan to run some form of
> Linux.  It needs to have an Ethernet port and to be able to boot
> from USB.

Why not consider an ITX Atom MB? MSI makes an Atom barebones that
lists about $160 and has room for two HDs, Ethernet, etc. USB boot is
certainly an option... Don't forget the Intel MBs, the early D201GLY
MBs should be around $60, the dual-core D945GCLF2 with Gigabit
Ethernet is colse to $100...

Lionel