[geeks] addictions of ink and paper

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon May 18 22:29:50 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:02:42PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> How do they write?  Any impressions on using it?

The nibs are finer than what I'm used to (the "medium" on the 51 Special is
in between a "Fine" and a "Medium" Lamy Safari), but they Just Work and
flow VERY well.

They're a little scratchy on Doane Paper notebooks (the grid + lines in the
pictures), but are just fine so far on Field Notes
(www.fieldnotesbrand.com) paper and a beat-up Moleskine Volant I had on my
desk.  Almost "squeaky" on the Moleskine due to the coated paper they use,
but no problems with skipping or feathering.  I've got an "old production"
Moleskine from ~2004 at work that has markedly different paper from what
they sell now, will try that too.

I've got some Rhodia and Clairefontaine paper at work that I'll try it on
tomorrow, and my two pads of Whitelines paper should be here on Thursday..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas