[geeks] Security Systems

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon May 18 15:19:22 CDT 2009

On Sun, 17 May 2009 21:42:16 -0700
Rick Hamell <hamellr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I find myself in need of a basic video surveillance system.
http://www.mobotix.com/
I can't be neutral on this, Mobotix is my employer. :-)

Our cameras are autonomous systems, i.e. there is a Linux running
inside. Configuration is done via web interface. You can do all sorts
of nifty stuff like video motion detection that triggers storage of
images on a NFS or CIFS server, sending of emails, initiate VoIP
calls, ... E.g. you can use them as dorbell together with a hard- or
software VoIP phone.

There is our free video management software, Mobotix Control Center,
but it is windows only. A scaled down version is available as MxEasy.
The Mac version is released already, the Linux version of MxEasy is
under developement.

Drawback: Our cameras arn't cheap, starting at $648.00. But they are
waterproof, deliver very good picture quality up to 3 mega pixels and
depending on model and lens PTZ.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen