[geeks] addictions of ink and paper

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun May 17 13:59:23 CDT 2009

On May 17, 2009, at 08:35 , Lionel Peterson wrote:

> On May 17, 2009, at 3:05 AM, Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Regarding the recent confessions of notebook and pen addictions...
>>
>> ***
>>
>> http://www.levenger.com
>
> 'nuff said? I like Levenger, they used to have an outlet at their
> HQ, which was very close to my Mom's house in FL. They've closed it
> down.

I'm thinking about it, I really am.  It's only $65 for the base
model... to get started anyway... :)

>> Borders appears to have stopped carrying the Picadilly line of
>> notebooks, which is a shame because they were decent but not high
>> priced.
>
> Are you sure? They just started carrying them in our local Borders
> (NJ) in the last 6 months, but then again, I know they are de-
> emphasizing DVDs and music CDs, maybe they are also reconsidering
> the lines they carry.

Well, that's what I heard but the people there had no idea what I was
talking about.

They had almost no journals and had replaced that whole section with
garbage from London called "Paperchase".  It almost universally sucks.

However, I live in an industrial swamp, and frequently find the same
store in other cities has a better selection.

Time for a trip to Richmond or NoVA I guess.

> B&N carries some nice hardcover notebooks, I believe they are acid-
> free

They seem to carry mostly Moleskine and some other stuff.

One thing I cannot find is decent full size notebooks for business and
programming notebooks, and things like server logs.  I want good
quality and permanent storage, but rather not pay $15 each for them.

Getting ready to head to Williamsburg to Staples to see if they at
least have the latter.

Office Max and Office Depot suck.  Their inventory is mostly redundant
and none of it that good.

Plus, you have to buy a dozen of everything.  Last time I was there,
Staples had a lot more single-quantity items for lower volume and
trying things out.

Still, 30 miles each way... :(