[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:25:19 CDT 2009

Erie Patsellis wrote:
> Quite true, and I'd love to get my hands on the neck of the brilliant
> engineer that disables the center diff lock on my 200TQ over 15mph.
> That's the one thing I miss about my old 4000Q, in minimal traction
> situations, it made a huge difference in the ability to keep moving in
> the direction you want (and we won't even get into the torsen spider
> "bite" discussion....)

The root cause of many of these problems is that people don't know how
to drive their cars.  There are quite a few more AWD cars on the road
today.  When the weather gets bad, there are quite a few AWD cars in
ditches.  Why?  A lot of the people driving them learned on FWD cars,
and bought AWD cars assuming that AWD > FWD.  AWD *will* help you stay
on the road, *iff* you know how to drive them.

If you're beginning to understeer on a FWD car, you lift off the gas and
the front will bite in.  With an AWD car, you have to balance the
throttle and steer into the slide.  If you lift off completely and
suddenly, you'll oversteer and spin.

I think driving skill was more widespread when people had been forced to
learn how to drive in the snow in a RWD car...

Peace...  Sridhar